- When should I have my carpets steam cleaned?
To get the longest possible wear out of your carpet, your carpets should be cleaned regularly. You know it is time to clean the carpet if:
- Your carpet was last cleaned over 12 months ago.
- The carpet is very soiled.
- Pets are allowed on the carpet.
- The carpet is in high traffic area in your workplace or home.
- Why do some carpet cleaners advertise extremely low prices (as low as £7.00 per room) and when they arrive to clean my carpets the price always goes up?
It is an old trick. Simply, they want you to book with them because the price is too good to refuse. When the cleaner arrives at your house you will be charged all the extras like extra for stain removal, extra for medium to heavy soiling, extra because you will be told your carpet needs an industrial clean, extra for deodorising, extra because the £7.00 per room price only applies when you have 15 rooms cleaned and the list goes on.
A professional carpet cleaner will include spot and stain removal, heavy soiling, deodorising etc in the price quoted over the phone.
- My friend tells me not to have my carpet cleaned because when she had them cleaned the carpets became dirty very quickly.
Yes this can happen when a poor quality carpet cleaner pumps your carpet with detergent and does not rinse the detergent out. A professional carpet cleaner will avoid this problem by prespraying your carpet first, then rinsing the prespray out, similar to a rinse cycle on a washing machine.
- How often should I clean my carpets?
Your carpets should be professionally cleaned every 12 months. When cleaned and maintained correctly, the carpet life is extended. Your carpet will not be damaged if cleaned correctly and on a regular basis. It is the unseen bacteria, soils and allergens that cause the damage.
- Is it possible to clean carpets too often?
No. Frequent cleaning of the carpet will help keep maintain its original appearance. It is recommended that high-traffic areas (doorways, hallways, etc) and areas of heavy-soiling (near kitchen, dining room, play room, etc) are cleaned more frequently than the other areas. Between professional carpet cleaning services remember to vacuum at least weekly with a good quality vacuum in proper working order.
- How soon can I walk on my carpet after cleaning?
Immediately, a professional carpet cleaner will clean the carpet fibres only. The backing, underlay or floorboards should not get wet.
- What stains will be removed when I have my carpets cleaned?
A spot is a substance that is adhered to the carpet fibre, but has not become set. A stain is more advanced and may have become set.
- Will hot water extraction (steam cleaning) damage my carpet?
No. Hot water extraction is the method preferred by many leading carpet manufacturers. It is considered by many to be the best method of removing embedded soil and other contaminants.
- Will carpet cleaning destroy the stain-resist treatment?
No. It is not necessary to reapply the stain-resist treatment after every carpet cleaning service; depending on how frequently the carpet is cleaned.
Foot traffic can destroy some stain-resist treatments. Therefore, those treatments should be reapplied after every 2nd or 3rd carpet cleaning service. Carpet that is only cleaned each every 12 to 18 months may require treatment at that time.
Get in touch
If you need carpet or upholstery cleaning in the Kent area, or would like to know more about how we could help you, please call 01892 653404 or email email@example.com.
"We had other carpet cleaners, but the job was done right the first time with Core Carpet Care Ltd."
Lynn, Paddock Wood
"The result was fantastic - now we call Core Carpet Care Ltd every six months for a fresh clean, so we can keep the carpets looking new."
Tony, Maidstone, Kent
"I couldn't believe it when you got rid of those stubborn stains from the dining room carpet"